If you’re a business about to reopen soon, keeping your workplace safe and free from COVID-19 infection is a primary concern.
This is to prevent illness in the facility and to provide peace of mind for all occupants, so they know you have taken all steps to keep them safe.
The Gov.ie Return To Work Protocol requires for every business to “implement thorough and regular cleaning of frequently touched surfaces. If disinfection of an area is required it must be performed in addition to cleaning, never as a substitute for cleaning..”
Additionally, it is well known that individuals can be asymptomatic (not showing symptoms) and still transmit COVID-19 (more data here), resulting in mandatory actions to be taken across every organization that has reopened its doors.
As a result, many organizations are proactive to keep their facilities sanitized, such as wiping down surfaces with disinfecting wipes and cleaning more regularly than normal.
We believe that these steps are important but not sufficient to maintain a safe work environment in the midst of an epidemic.
We strongly recommend professionally disinfecting your facility as a way to keep your employees and customers safe.
Here are 3 of the reasons:
1) Professional sanitizing can reach all corners of the facility.
By applying disinfectant with a combination of machines & techniques such as – fogging, surface wiping, and spraying – it’s possible to address more areas of the building that would otherwise be missed by ordinary cleaning.
Here is a brief overview of these methods:
- Fogging—Machine used to deliver a fine spray of disinfectant so that it reaches even the tiniest spaces. Can be done in interior and exterior spaces
- Surface wiping—Wiping all surfaces using industrial-grade disinfectant. The solution is applied wet, allowed to sit for a time and then wiped again for maximum effectiveness.
- Spraying—Applying a wet mist to fully coat a surface in sanitizing solution. After the solution is applied, it must be allowed to air dry to ensure effectiveness. Many countries are using this method on their streets in an effort to reduce community transmision.
2) Professional cleaning utilizes a different quality of sanitizing product
Regular store bought products ‘can be’ effective at deactivating coronavirus, but they will not have the efficacy of an industrial strength disinfectant.
A quick note on disinfecting products:
- The US Environmental Protection Agency created a list of products for use against COVID-19 (see here) that includes both industrial strength and ‘regular’ store products. There is also a list of active ingredients proven to kill COVID-19.
We use only Irish Made professional strength sanitation products that contain ingredients included on the EPA list to fight coronavirus.
Therefore you receive the highest-quality sanitation to maximize the likelihood of eliminating any risks,
3) Keep your employees safe by not using them to clean and disinfect the premises
Specialist crews such as ours are well trained to wear proper PPE for the situation and clean in a way to minimize risk to themselves. If you are using your own staff to disinfect the premises, they may accidentally become infected.
In addition, companies such as Folkan Care can accommodate you by schedule after-hours work to avoid contact with your employees and eliminate any person to person interaction.
This is the safest solution, rather than having staff clean during regular business hours.
For all of the reasons above, we believe that every business should be taking advantage of professional sanitizing, and disinfecting services.
And of course, whenever you decide to book in a disinfection service Folkan Care is here for you and happy to help.