Cooking can cause a lot of mess in your kitchen, including kitchen tiles, over time. Even more, dealing with greasy kitchen tiles during house cleaning is what can frustrate you. However, you still have to consider it as an important part of your house cleaning tasks.
It is because the kitchen is the heart of your home. So, you must maintain it as presentable and clean as possible if you want to make it welcoming for your entire family.
Easy ways to clean your greasy kitchen tiles more effectively
However, if you don’t know how to clean your greasy kitchen tiles, don’t worry. Here we will let you know the best and easy ways to do so. Ultimately, your house cleaning routine will become less hectic.
So, here we have some easier ways to sparkle your kitchen tiles again.
Prepare your kitchen tiles for cleaning.
Undoubtedly, when it comes to kitchen tiles cleaning part in house cleaning, it seems pretty hectic. Especially if you were unable to remove grease instantly. So, if you just have decided on tiles cleaning in your house cleaning routine, it is good to go.
However, keep in mind that there are different easy methods available to clean your greasy kitchen tiles. Here you will let to know about most of them below. At the same time, it’s important to prepare your kitchen tiles to apply those easy and effective methods for cleaning.
For this, remove every item placed or hanged on your kitchen tiles. Collect the necessary items, like a cleaning brush, a fine piece of cloth or sponge, rubber gloves, and the cleaning agents as per your chosen tile cleaning methods.
After that, you are all set to apply any of the below-mentioned tiles cleaning methods to make these sparkle again.
The type of kitchen tiles is the very first thing to consider before choosing the cleaning method. It is because this will impact how you clean them.
- For example, tiles such as porcelain tiles, plain or ceramic tiles are normally hardwearing. So, you can use a hard cleaning cloth or scourer on these without experiencing any scratches.
- However, for tiles having printed or textured patterns, you must use fine, soft cloth-like microfiber. It is because, in this case, scourer can ruin your kitchen tiles.
Therefore, be cautious.
So, here we go:
Soapy warm spray water
If your kitchen tiles don’t have any tough stains, applying some warm soapy water can do the trick easily. For this, you just have to create a mixture of detergent or dishwashing liquid with water. Then use a sponge to apply this mixture to the tiles. Rub it a bit where needed. Then, clean your kitchen tiles using a soft clothing piece to let them shine again.
This method can be used if you have added kitchen tiles cleaning as a part of your regular house cleaning. It is because, in that case, you will never accumulate tough and greasy stains on the tiles.
Use baking soda to clean your kitchen tiles.
Baking soda is one of the most convenient and easily available houses cleaning agents. It is because baking soda is a staple of each house. Surprisingly, this can work wonderfully on your greasy kitchen tiles.
- Sprinkle a gentle amount of baking soda on a sponge that you will use to clean your kitchen tiles.
- Now wipe your kitchen tiles gently and rub the sponge on the tiles.
- However, once you have finished rubbing your kitchen tiles, use a dry piece of cloth. Wipe your tiles to clear them.
Don’t forget to rinse your cleaning cloth to make the process easier.
If your kitchen tiles are extra greasy, then prepare a thick paste of baking soda with water and some vinegar. Apply the paste on the tiles and let it sit here for a while. And then rub it and wipe it all out to get more effective results.
Vinegar can help you to sparkle your kitchen tiles amazingly
White vinegar is another easily available and non-toxic product to use for house cleaning. Surprisingly, you can use this for different cleaning purposes, including removing grease from kitchen tiles. However, to use vinegar for removing grease from kitchen tiles, follow the instructions given below:
- Get an empty spray bottle to pour some vinegar into it.
- Then, apply a generous mist of vinegar onto your greased kitchen tiles.
Let it sit here for up to 10 minutes and use a cloth to wipe the surface.
Clean your kitchen tiles with borax
Borax, aka Sodium borate, is another household product for kitchen tiles cleaning. You can use this for spot treating the tough food stains and grease more effectively.
- Prepare some borax by adding it to a bowl.
- To make its paste, add some lemon juice into it.
- Use a sponge or any other tool to apply the paste onto the tiles.
- Let the paste sit on the tiles for almost 20 minutes.
- Then, scrub the mixture and use a damp sponge to clear your tiles properly.
Apply commercial products for kitchen tiles cleaning
Are you unable to remove grease from your kitchen tiles due to any reason? Then, using a commercial cleaning product is also an option here. However, to ensure safe use of it, follow the instructions below:
- Read the instructions mentioned on the bottle.
- Avoid overdoing the spray. Make sure to use it as little as possible.
- For greasy tiles, let the commercial cleaner sit for a while.
- Then, wipe down the cleaner properly to avoid any remain there.
Some Regular tips for kitchen tiles maintenance
Here are some of the must-consider house cleaning tips for your kitchen tiles.
- Sweep and vacuum your floor tiles of the kitchen regularly. It will make deep cleaning much easier.
- Clean up grease and spillage from your kitchen tiles immediately. It is because this is necessary to avoid tough stains.
- Apply disinfectant on your kitchen tiles regularly.
- Make sure to use a clean cloth to wipe your kitchen tiles to avoid grime and germs build up.
You can easily keep your kitchen tiles well-maintained and best-looking for an extended period of time with the help of these tips. Make sure to consider these tips in your regular routine to make the most out of your house cleaning.